Potato chips make excellent breading as seen with these appetizer or entree Potato Chip Shrimp Cakes. Swap in cod, salmon or canned tuna if you prefer.
- 1/2 pound raw large shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of half of lime
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, potato chips, egg, green onion, garlic, flour, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and smoked paprika. Using your hands, form into 8 (2-inch) or 4 (4-inch) sized patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once heated, add shrimp cakes. Cook for 3 minutes and flip. Cook for another 2 1/2 minutes or until browned. Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.