The ultimate summer salad – Insalata Caprese – with a refreshing fruit twist of watermelon and cantaloupe.
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and chopped or shaped into little balls (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, chopped or shaped into little balls (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vingear
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of coarse salt
- Mix together watermelon and cantaloupe in a large colander over a large bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes to drain extra juice. Save juice for drinking or smoothies and add melon back to empty large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently. Serve immediately.