- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can low sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup tequila
- Juice of 2 limes
- Chopped avocado
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Whole corn tortilla chips
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink (about 8 – 10 minutes), breaking up meat with wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder; saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and tequila; mix well. Cook at a simmer for 15 minutes. Mix in lime juice before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with chopped avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips.