Make healthy flavored popcorn! Tips and tricks on taking plain popcorn explode with flavor.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced into just a few slices
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled between fingers or 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, ground in mortar & pestle
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons Cabot Cheddar Shake or finely grated creamy cheese such as firm Gouda
- In a small bowl, combine garlic and oil; let set for 5 minutes. Pour oil and garlic into a large stock pot or Dutch oven; heat up over medium heat.
- With a slotted spoon, remove garlic slices and add 3 popcorn kernels; cover and turn heat up to medium-high. When 1 kernel pops, add remaining popcorn kernels. Cover and cook 2 1/2 minutes; then begin to watch very closely. When there is 10 seconds between pops, remove from heat but keep covered until popping stops.
- Toss with rosemary, basil, salt, pepper and cheese. When pouring into a bowl, scrape out all the flavorings in the bottom of the pot!