- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cup crushed Tostitos Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup plain full-fat yogurt, strained over a paper towel-lined colander; or use Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 (heaping) teaspoon shredded lime peel
- In a 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in the microwave until melted. Stir in sugar and then tortilla chips until well mixed; press chip mixture up the sides of the pie plate to form a crust. Bake crust in a 375 degree pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a blender or food processor, place avocados, milk, sugar, yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions to process.
- Scrape lime/yogurt ice cream mixture into prepared pie crust and freeze until firm; about 2-3 hours. Remove pie from freezer about 5 minutes before serving so pie is easier to slice.