A picnic classic – with a lighter dressing and more colorful veggies; guests will love these recipe tweeks to Cabbage Ramen Noodle Salad.
- 1/3 cup plain almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 package (3 oz) ramen noodles, crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 oz) bag shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 1 ear fresh corn, kernels sliced off (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open ramen noodle package and crumble noodles into bite-sized pieces; reserve seasoning packet for dressing.
- On a large baking sheet, sprinkle almonds and crumbled noodles; bake 10 minutes to toast. Watch nuts closely to prevent burning. Cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cabbage, onion, carrot, edamame, and corn; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar and 3/4 teaspoon of reserved seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss.
- Just before serving, add toasted almonds and noodles and toss gently.