Lighten up your chocolate crepes with fresh fruit and Swerve sweetener.
For the crepes:
- 1 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve, Confectioners
For the fruit:
- 4 cups of an assortment of fruit colors such as raspberries, sliced strawberries, chopped mango, clementine sections, banana slices, chopped kiwifruit, sliced green grapes, blueberries, sliced purple grapes
- 1/4 cup of Swerve, Confectioners for dusting
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners, cocoa powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk until just incorporated.
- Using a skillet with a 6- or 7-inch diameter, coat with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter in middle of pan. Grab handle and swirl around until batter coats entire pan (crepe will be thin.) Cook about 1 minute and then flip. Coat about other minute or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For whipped cream, add heavy cream and 2 tablespoons Swerve, Confectioners to a bowl for mixer stand. Whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, fold one or two crepes into triangles and place on plate. Dust with remaining Swerve Confectioners (about 3/4 teaspoon per crepe.) Serve with assorted fruit, whipped cream and mint leaves.