- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Grated peel from one small lemon, about 3/4 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup (1%-fat) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter melted, then cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, baking powder, and lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Using a spoon or cookie scooper, spoon into 12 papered or greased muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.