Perfect for hot weather, this gluten-free Shrimp Vietnamese Noodle Salad has a surprising ingredient: SunGold Kiwifruit!
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 small limes)
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces brown rice vermicelli or rice sticks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 4 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- To make sauce, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk in water and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and heat for a few minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from stove.
- Cook rice noodles according to package. Rinse with cool water and set side.
- In a large saute pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and saute for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through (stirring often.) Remove from pan.
- When ready to serve, divide cooked noodles and shrimp among four bowls. Carefully arrange bok choy, SunGold kiwifruit, carrots, mint, basil and cilantro among the bowls. Drizzle each bowl with 1/4 cup lime fish sauce. Serve with lime wedges.