Try this twist on the beloved Southern dish: Rosemary Shrimp Sweet Potato Grits.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup uncooked grits
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 large baked sweet potato, skin removed and mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large baggie, place shrimp, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Seal tightly and thoroughly mix. Marinate in refrigerator 1 -2 hours.
- In large pot, bring grits, water and milk to a boil. Reduce to medium low, stir well and cover. Cook about 20 minutes.
- While grits are cooking, heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet. Saute shrimp in batches of a dozen, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Once grits are finished, mix in mashed sweet potato, cheese, butter and salt. To serve, spoon grits into each bowl and top with shrimp.