- 1 quart grape tomatoes, cut in half (or 2 beefsteak tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I like California Olive Ranch Everyday)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 garlic scape chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or rosemary (chopped) or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, rosemary or oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Add all ingredients to a roasting pan (I often use a loaf pan or a square baking pan.) Stir every 8- 10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and start to caramelize. Roast for a total of 30 – 40 minutes.
If I’m cooking pasta, I’ll add a few tablespoons of pasta water to the tomatoes half way through the roasting time.
Process with an immersion blender if you want more of a smooth sauce.
Use as a pasta sauce, pizza topping or add to grain salads.