- Put rack in the top third part of the oven and turn on broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil with about an extra inch on each side. Place bell peppers on foil.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes or until all sides are charred and skin is completely soft (turn peppers over a quarter turn every 5 minutes with tongs.)
- Remove from oven and tent foil up and around roasted peppers.
- Let cool about 15-20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, use your hands and edges of foil to remove the skin and seeds (keeping them contained in the foil and adding the roasted pepper flesh to a bowl.)
- Dump the seeds and skins into compost or simply ball up the foil and discard. Your sheet should be clean!
- If desired, cut peppers into strips and store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.