- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 kohlrabi, leaves and skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Plain Greek-style yogurt
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped bacon
- Chopped chives
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add oil. Once heated, add onion and saute for 5 – 7 minutes or until softened. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Return pot to stove and add potatoes and kohlrabi. Cover with broth. Turn heat up to medium-high and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Turn off heat and add in the cooked onions, black pepper, salt and milk. Mix well.
- Puree with immersion blender or regular blender (if using regular blender, add soup back to pot after pureeing.)
- Turn heat back on to low and mix in cheese. Stir until melted and then remove from stove.
- Serve with toppings.