Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped Jerusalem artichokes (about 8 large)
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes, broth, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 40 minutes or until Jerusalem artichokes have softened, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in thyme and milk, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings