Serve these cheesy eggs with crusty bread to mop up the creamy sauce. They’re an easy 15-minute appetizer or simple satisfying dinner when served with salad (use your leftover Easter eggs!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 peeled hardboiled eggs
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar)
- 1/3 cup evaporated whole milk, half-and-half or cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Move 1 oven rack to top (broiling) spot in oven. Place butter in large shallow casserole dish and place in oven to melt while oven is preheating, about 3 minutes; remove from oven and swirl butter to coat dish.
- Slice eggs into 6-8 slices. (Use an inexpensive egg slicer if available) Starting in center of buttered casserole dish, place egg slices in overlapping pattern arranging out toward edge of dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle milk over top of eggs and cheese.
- Place in oven on a middle rack. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove dish and turn on broiler to high. Place dish on top oven rack and broil for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown. Watch carefully to avoid burning! Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.