- 1 pound baby red or baby Dutch yellow potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 8 basil leaves, ripped in half
- Salt & black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook until fork tender, about 12 – 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Slice (leaving skin on.)
- On an outdoor grill or grill pan coated with cooking spray, place potato slices over medium-high heat. Cook 4 -5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini slices with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Place slices on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- On a large serving platter, layer rows of zucchini, tomato, potato, mozzarella and basil. Repeat until all ingredients are laid out.
- Right before serving, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt & black pepper.