A Thai version of gluten-free spaghetti and meatballs the whole family will love.
For the meatballs:
- 10 Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax crackers
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 3 scallions, diced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced & peeled (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup gluten free fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the noodles:
- 1 (14 ounce) box rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
For the garnish:
- Lime juice
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven ot 400 degrees F.
- To make meatballs, pulverize Breton Gluten Free crackers in a food processor until they look like fine bread crumbs. Add to large bowl with ground turkey,egg, scallions, 1/3 cup basil, ginger, black pepper and salt. Gently mix together by hand. Grease your hands and then shape into 1-inch meatballs (makes 36 meatballs.) Place each meatball into a mini muffin tin coated with spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn meatballs half way through cooking process. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- To make the sauce, whisk together gluten free fish sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook rice noodles according to package. When done cooking, place in a serving bowl and gently toss with the meatballs, sauce and shredded carrots.
- Garnish with a few squirts of lime juice and fresh basil leaves, if desired.