- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half & half or cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- Fresh sliced or cut fruit like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, bananas, peaches, plums, apples, pears, etc.
- 2 teaspoons turbinado or powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, beat together flours, sugar, egg, half & half and almond extract. Add pieces of butter and mix together until a sticky ball of dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- On a heavily floured surface, knead dough a few times and roll out to fit into a 10-inch tart pan (that has been greased.)
- Carefully spread dough into tart pan and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until tart starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Dust crust with cornstarch to help fruit stick to crust. Arrange fresh fruit and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Serving Size: 12 - 16 slices