THIS is the recipe to bring out the best of fresh strawberries: Only 3 simple ingredients and about 15 minutes to Fresh Strawberry Glace Pie
- 3–4 pints (2 quarts) of fresh strawberries, stems and leaves removed, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar (add a bit more if your berries aren’t super sweet)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Your favorite recipe for a graham cracker pie crust
- For the glace (or glaze), puree 1 heaping cup strawberries and 1/2 cup water in a blender or food processor; add water until puree equals 1 1/2 cups.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in berry puree. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook, stirring 2 minutes more. Cool 10 minutes without stirring.
- Spread about 1/3 cup glace over bottom of graham cracker crust. Arrange remaining berries, stem side down, in crust. Carefully spoon remaining glaze over fruit covering each piece. Chill 1-2 hours.