- 8 ounces fresh figs, (about 12), cut into eights, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a saucepan, add half of the figs and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes, covered (or until most of liquid has evaporated.) Cool slightly.
- Pour in a blender or food processor.
- Add ½ teaspoon honey and puree. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll out dough and place on baking sheet or pizza stone sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Spread fig sauce onto dough.
- Layer remaining figs and bacon over sauce.
- Dollop ricotta onto dough.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon of honey over toppings.
- Top with black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until edge of pizza turns golden brown.
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings