Make these easy Easter Egg Chicks with our classic deviled egg recipe – with one SECRET ingredient added to make these deviled eggs the BEST.
- 6 large hardboiled eggs, peeled and dyed for 1 minute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives (or green onions)
- 1 baby carrot, cut into 6 small triangles
- 6 black olives, sliced thinly
- Cut the top third of each egg white off making a jagged line. Remove yolks and mash with a fork. Combine yolks with lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, and pepper in a bowl. Stir in yogurt. Add chives; stir gently.
- To assemble egg chicks, place the yolk mixture in a zip-top bag and cut a whole in one end to make a piping bag. Squeeze the yolk mixture into the ‘bottom’ egg white, top with the remaining egg white top – leaving room for the chick “face.” Place the olive “eyes” and carrot “beak” into the yolk mixture.