Love cookie butter, but looking for a healthier recipe? Try this homemade cookie butter made with date paste.
- 4 ounces vanilla or shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons date paste (I used this recipe http://www.theleangreenbean.com/make-date-paste/) OR 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 – 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Break up the cookies and add to a food processor. Process until you have fine crumbs (you’ll need just under 1 cup of cookie crumbs.)
- Add in date butter (or maple syrup) and whip together.
- Slowly add oil, one tablespoon at a time, and process until you get to spreading consistency. (You may have to add a few teaspoons of water or one more cookie to make it either thinner or thicker.)
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 10 days.