With this simple trick, you can make canned chicken healthier and reduce the sodium + a recipe for an updated chicken chicken salad.
- 1 can (12.5 oz) canned chicken, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (about 1/2 a fresh mango)
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- Serve with whole grain crackers or bread or on lettuce
- Using a fork, “flake” or shred the chicken pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard; stir in basil. Add chicken and mix to combine. Gently stir in mango and carrot.
- Serve on lettuce or with whole grain crackers.