- 2 (5-oz.) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs – processed in food processor from 4 slices toasted bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (fresh ground if possible)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (thawed from frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except oil and butter. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large non-stick skillet. When hot, place 3 patties in pan and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and fry about 3 minutes on other side. Repeat with remaining 3 patties.
- Serve on lettuce leaves (or on a bun) with mayo and more fresh basil.