Corn, avocado, red onion, honey, lime and cilantro all in one salad – a super summer side for any meal!
For the salad:
- 4 ears of cooked corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1 avocado, pit removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Dash of cayenne pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix corn, avocado, red onion and cayenne. Set aside.
- With an immersion blender, regular blender or food processor, process cilantro, oil, lime juice, honey and orange juice until thoroughly blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss vinaigrette with corn salad and serve.