- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh rosemary springs
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flours, rosemary, thyme, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, powdered sugar and honey until well mixed (about 2 – 3 minutes.)
- Add flour mixture to butter mix and beat until resembles a coarse meal.
- Pat the dough together into a ball until smooth. Divide in half.
- For each half, roll out into a 8-inch circle on parchment paper.
- Score the edges with a fork as well as lines to divide into 8 pieces (like a pizza.)
- For each “slice”, adorn with a small sprig of rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle each circle with a dash of granulated sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes then cut each circle into 8 pieces.