- 2 1/2 – 3 pound spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the outer skin of the squash with water and pat dry.
- Cut in half and scrape out seeds. (Save to roast – follow this post on How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds in 15 minutes)
- Place each half on roasting pan or a jelly roll pan cut side up. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle pepper and salt. Place in oven and roast 50 – 60 minutes until flesh is completely soft.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and then scrap the insides into a bowl with a fork.
- Season with grated cheese and fresh herbs or top with your favorite type of pasta sauce.