- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with canola oil, garlic, 5 spice powder, black pepper and salt. Spread out on a large baking tray with a lip or a large roasting pan. Roast in oven for about 15 minutes, or until beans start to blister, stirring a few times.
- Remove from oven and add beans to a serving bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss. Serve warm.