- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large leeks, washed, trimmed and finely sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9.10 ounce) package of Tuscan Fields Farro Alle Verdue (1 1/2 cups uncooked farro)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water (add 1 more cup of water if you prefer a thinner soup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spring rosemary, minced
- Grated Pecorino, Parmesan Reggiano, Asiago or other aged cheese
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks and carrot, cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add farro and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add beans and cook for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and stir in lemon juice.
- While soup is cooking, make rosemary infused olive oil. In a small skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat. Add minced rosemary and cook for 10 minutes. Strain.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with a drizzle of rosemary olive oil and grated cheese.