Bubbly jello adds a festive flair that’s easy to do DIY. Prosecco and champagne work perfectly.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain, unflavored gelatin (about 1 1/2 packages)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more if your bubbling beverage is on the dry side)
- 3/4 cup sparkling wine or champagne or club soda (if using soda add more sugar to taste)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Prepare 6 champagne glasses by making sure they are clean and dry.
- In a medium glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let soften for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Stir in sparkling wine. Immediately pour into a liquid measuring cup with a pour spout.
- Raise the measuring cup about 8-12 inches above the champagne glasses and pour the sparkling wine mixture in a slow stream into the glasses; this will create bubbles in the glasses that will remain when chilled.
- Chill the glasses in the refrigerator until wine mixture is a very thick liquid; about 20-30 minutes. (Check frequently! The mixture goes from thick liquid to completely gelled very quickly.) The liquid needs to be thick so the pomegranate arils remain suspended throughout the liquid without dropping to the bottom or staying on on top. Divide arils among the glasses, being careful not to disturb top bubbles. Chill until fully gelled; about 20-30 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup