- 1 small cantaloupe (or half a large one) roughly chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cups pineapple (or orange) juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – use sweet anise-flavored Thai basil if available
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded if seeds are large, roughly chopped
- Salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste
- Puree all ingredients (reserving a few tablespoons of cantaloupe, cucumbers, tomatoes and a little basil) in a food processor to your texture preference: Barely chopped, very smooth or somewhere in between.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with reserved cantaloupe, cucumbers, tomatoes and basil.