Beef is tender and flavorful in this protein-packed dish. Bonus: It can be on the table in just 20 minutes thanks to a simple 6-ingredient sauce and pre-cut fresh veggies.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) fresh veggies (such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) or 4 cups fresh veggies
- 1 pound lean beef steak – center cut if possible
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cooked rice
- To make the sauce, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar orange juice, 1 tablespoon water, sugar, cornstarch in a large saucepan. Heat over medium until bubbly and thick, stirring frequently. Cook 1 minute longer. Stir in peanut butter. Pour sauce into a bowl and set aside. Place saucepan back on stove.
- In saucepan, combine vegetables and 3 tablespoon water. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes – or until tender-crisp. Set aside.
- Cut beef steaks into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- In a large nonstick skillet or non-stick wok, add half of beef and half of garlic (no need to add oil!). Cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes or until just browned. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return beef to skillet along with vegetables and sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with rice.