Immunity-boosting bone broth chicken soup – with bold flavors of chilies and antioxidant-rich spices.
- 1 box (32 oz) Progresso Cooking Stock Unsalted Chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled, cubed sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large soup pot, combine Cooking Stock, tomatoes and chilies, simmer, covered while continuing with recipe. (Reserve Cooking Stock box!)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sweet potato; cook about 5 minutes until onion is beginning to turn golden. Sprinkle in cumin seed and chili powder; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minutes. Meanwhile fill the Cooking Stock box with 1 cup water and shake vigorously to get all the flavor bits on the bottom of the box; slowly whisk into flour mixture and cook until thick – about 2 minutes.
- Ladle 1 cup of stock mixture into thickened flour mixture and stir to thin. Pour entire contents of skillet into soup pot and let cook at a simmer stirring often for 5 minutes. Add beans, chicken and honey; and cook until heated through. Serve with cilantro.