- 1/2 cup uncooked millet, divided
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 2–3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Remove about 1 tablespoon of millet (from the 1/2 cup millet) and set aside.
- Grease an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter (Don’t butter if using stoneware pan.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, remaining millet, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, banana, yogurt and vanilla. Add mashed banana, yogurt and vanilla extract; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beat at low speed or fold together gently with a spatula just until moist.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon millet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.