- 1 cup white whole wheat (or all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup golden (or regular) raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pepper in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, applesauce, honey in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon and parsley.
- Spoon evenly into 12 greased 3-inch muffin cups. Bake until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes.