- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup squash puree
- 1/3 cup honey(or 1/2 cup for sweeter muffins)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, blend together flours, soda, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, eggs, oil, squash and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently stir in dates.
- Scoop into 12-16 greased, papered or silicon muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick test comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to toothpick. Don’t overbake.