Easy way to add deliciousness and protein to your morning oatmeal.
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1–2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (preferably freshly grated)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- The night before, in a saucepan, combine milk, oats, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Cover pot and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove pot from refrigerator and stir. Replace cover and heat on medium-low or medium heat for about 4 minutes; stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking to the bottom. (Stirring isn’t essential if you have to leave the stove to do your hair.)
- Add eggs and stir constantly with fork until eggs are no longer shiny and are cooked, about 1 minute.
This recipe can easily be adjusted down to 2 servings or up to 5 or 6 or more. Just follow this simple formula: For each serving, use 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup oats and 1 LESS egg than the number of servings (ie, 1 egg for 2 servings, 4 eggs for 5 servings) Add sugar, vanilla and nutmeg to taste.
- Serving Size: A BIG bowl of oatmeal