Just 3 ingredients combine to make scopes in just 20 minutes from the oven: Self-rising flour, evaporated milk, and turbinado sugar for dusting.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup + 2 teaspoons eggnog (I didn’t use low-fat, but you probably could, just NOT fat-free)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal for spreading on parchment
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and nutmeg. Pour in 1 cup eggnog and mix gently with a fork just until incorporated. Fold in cranberries.
- Dust parchment paper with cornmeal if desired.
- Scoop sticky dough onto cornmeal dusted parchment paper. Spread into 10-inch round. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar if desired. Brush with 2 teaspoons eggnog. Spray the blade of a serrated knife with cooking spray and score the dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 20 minutes until top is beginning to turn golden. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack. Cut into 8 wedges.