Also known as a Dutch Baby or German Pancake, this gingerbread spiced oven pancake puffs up into something special. Top with Wild Blueberries for an easy holiday brunch.
[Disclosure: As a co-owner of The Recipe ReDux, I was compensated to co-manage this recipe contest with Wild Blueberries. But I’ve been a lover of these potent purple berries for years.]
The holiday season is busy, but I’ll bet you have 20 minutes to make this puffy, golden crowd-pleaser. And another reason: Happily, it’s another way to eat gingerbread.
Every year when ‘gingerbread season’ comes around, I swear I’m going to make gingerbread all year round. That flavor combo of ginger spice and dark syrupy molasses is so connected with happy family memories.
But this year, even for a June bridal shower brunch, I’m pretty sure I’ll still be serving this Gingerbread Puffy Oven Pancake with Wild Blueberries. Not only for the happy gingerbread flavors, but also for the tart-sweet Wild Blueberries. Frozen Wild Blueberries and gingerbread were made for each other.
In fact, you’ll see lots of ways to ‘Go Wild this Holiday Season’ with Wild Blueberries and holiday flavors in the photo gallery below. That’s because our latest Recipe ReDux recipe contest is sponsored by Wild Blueberries. So here’s the scoop on these little gems which can bump up the nutrition on any holiday dish, sweet or savory:
- There are two kinds of blueberries – Wild Blueberries and regular cultivated blueberries.
- Wild blueberries have a more intense flavor than regular blueberries. Wild Blueberry plants grow wild and are genetically diverse with thousands of interlocking plants spreading naturally across fields called barrens in Maine and Eastern Canada. It’s this diversity that gives Wild Blueberries their complex and delicious flavor — an extraordinary mix of tart and sweet.
- Wild Blueberries have twice the antioxidant capacity of larger cultivated blueberries. One serving (1 cup) of Wild Blueberries has 72% more fiber and 32% less sugar than cultivated blueberries.
- The Wild Blueberry crop is frozen. These potent little berries are individually quick frozen (IQF) at harvest locking in their nutrition and taste.
- Wild Blueberries in the frozen fruit section of grocery stores; look for brand-name and store-brand package labeled “Wild.”
I hope this Gingerbread Puffy Oven Pancake with Wild Blueberries gives you a stress-free, happy holiday brunch.
And if you’re making plans to eat gingerbread all year long (like me!) why not make Deanna’s Gingerbread Smoothies in May? Or her Peanut Butter Gingerbread in September? #AD A crowd-pleaser in just 20 min: Puffy Gingerbread Oven Pancake w Wild Blueberries via @TspCurry #TheRecipeReDux Click To Tweet